Aug 18, 2011

Just have to accept it...

As a mom of two kids now, there are some things I realize I just have to accept.
  1. Gavin might be watching more tv than normal...but until we are into a better routine, sometimes the tv is what we both need!
  2. Riley might just have to cry.  Sometimes Gavin needs me just as much as she does, and I can't always put her first.  It's hard to hear her cry, but I'm Gav's mommy, too.
  3. Some days, I might just have to cry, too! :)
  4. I'm drinking more caffeine while nursing Riley than I did when nursing Gavin.  I gotta do what I gotta do!
  5. I'm going to wipe even more butts...
  6. Just when I think they're both asleep and I can take a shower, one of them will wake up.
I'm sure I'll come up with more things to add to this list, but no matter how long the list gets, it's all worth it.  I wouldn't trade places with anyone!  Even on the roughest days, when I haven't showered, eaten or sat down...even when Gavin is driving me up a wall...even when Riley won't let me put her down...I am so thankful I'm a mommy of two and that I get to stay home with them every day.  

1 comment:

The Anderson family said...

I could have written this exact blog post about 11 months ago! It's amazing how having 2 kids turns your world upside down...but like you said, it's so worth it! It's so fun to watch them together and separately and having double the love to give and receive! :)