Jul 12, 2011

Maternity Photo Shoot

Back when I was pregnant with Gavin, Megan took picture for us just a few weeks before he arrived that I cherish so much!  I love looking back at them and remembering all the special memories of having Gavin in my belly.  Soon after I found out I was pregnant again, I started thinking about maternity photos and knew I wanted someone to take some for us again.  So, I contacted Rachel, a mom from the Hip Mamas playgroup that takes fantastic photos of her twins and asked if she'd be interested.  Luckily, she said yes!  {And as a bonus, she's coming to take pics of Baby Hamm the week she's born, too!}

Scheduling a time was a bit chaotic with the summer heat and storms, but we eventually got them in.  It was hot!  You can tell in the pics that I'm hot and sweaty, and you can't tell at all that I had straightened my hair before we left, but I decided not to be critical of them....it's part of the story of this pregnancy, right?  I spend much of everyday looking sweaty when it's 100 degrees out!  Then, the day of the pictures, Gavin woke up with a cold...that meant we spent much of the evening wiping a runny nose.  And, to top it all off, the mosquitoes were bad and eating Jarrod up.  But after getting some great family shots, Jarrod took Gavin home and Rachel and I stayed to get some more shots of me and Baby Sister.  :)  I love how they turned out so much and know I'll always look back at these and remember the summer of 2011 with her in my belly.












There are way too many to post here, but those were some of my favorites! :)  Thanks, Rachel!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Absolutely beautiful!

-Katie (kd+bc)

Not Your Mama's Martha! said...

These are wonderful and you don't look sweaty at all! ;)