Jul 18, 2011

38 Weeks!


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 38 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Hamm is the size of a watermelon right now!  That's just crazy to me!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: According to my scale and the doctor's scale, I've lost a pound this week, so 34lbs total.
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely!
Gender: It's a GIRL!!!  When the name is decided, it will be kept a secret until she arrives. 
We have our final two names now!  As much as I want to have a name before she's born, I think we're going to wait until we see her.  
Movement: Definitely still feel her moving, but not like before.  She's running out of room these days.
Sleep: Sleep is ok, but I will be so glad when I'm waking up to feed a sweet baby and not because I have to pee or my hands and arms are tingling.  
What I miss:  Having complete feeling in my hands and normal hormones!
Cravings: Water, ice, and watermelon flavored things.
Symptoms:  Contractions, heart burn and carpal tunnel are the main things right now.  
Best Moment this week:  Finalizing my to-do list!  I feel much better about her impending arrival knowing that really the only thing I haven't done is get a wrap or sling for babywearing in the beginning. 

This belly pic on the left from Gavin was taken the night we went to the hospital.  He was born about 14 hours later.  :)



Gavin's been telling me for a couple weeks that Baby Sister will come 'on a Monday.'  Last night at dinner, he commented that she will come 'tomorrow.'  And then this morning, he told me she was almost here!  I got me all anxious!  I couldn't help but wonder what exactly he knew.  But at my appointment today I was 2 cm dilated.  At this point with Gavin, when I was admitted to the hospital, I was 4 cm, so I'm thinking we still have at least a couple days.  How cool would it have been if she was born today though?  That would have been an awesome story to tell! 

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Yay! You're almost there. You look great. And I see you have your swing all ready. I still have to get ours out of the attic and washed and ready to go. I was 9 days late with Andrew so I keep thinking there's very little chance of this baby coming early, but wouldn't that be nice? We're also waiting until her arrival to name her. I think it's a little more fun that way! Enjoy your last few weeks (or days)!