Jul 11, 2011

37 Weeks!

Full Term, Baby!!!


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 37 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Hamm is the size of a watermelon right now!  That's just crazy to me!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Who knows???  Today the scale says I'm up 35lbs.  Again, I'm sure I didn't really gain 3lbs in one week, but I don't really care at this point if I did!
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely!
Gender: It's a GIRL!!!  When the name is decided, it will be kept a secret until she arrives. 
We have our final two names now!  As much as I want to have a name before she's born, I think we're going to wait until we see her.  
Movement: Definitely still feel her moving, but not like before.  She's running out of room these days.
Sleep: Sleep is ok, but I will be so glad when I'm waking up to feed a sweet baby and not because I have to pee or my hands and arms are tingling.  
What I miss:  Having complete feeling in my hands and normal hormones!
Cravings: Water, ice, and watermelon flavored things.
Symptoms:  Braxton Hicks contractions, heart burn and carpal tunnel are the main things right now.  My hormones are out of control these days, and I'm getting tired again!
Best Moment this week:  Celebrating my promotion with Tastefully Simple.  It was my goal to promote before the baby was born and I did it!  I rewarded myself with an iPhone which I know will come in handy with the kids.  

I did have a doctor's appt this morning, and I'm 1.5 cm dilated and her heartrate sounded great!


Gavin has thrown me for a loop this past week.  Bedtime is getting to be more of a struggle...he's stalling and asking for a lot of random things at bedtime now.  And the things he's asking for leads me to believe he's starting to feel anxious about the baby coming.  He wants me to rock him in the rocking chair every night now and is suddenly asking to sleep in our bed.  We haven't let him in our bed, and I don't plan to, but I have rocked him when he asks because I want him to know that he's still my baby, too.  But...it's getting really hard to rock him with my belly!  Last night I had to have Jarrod finish rocking him because I started having contractions.  :(  The other night, after 2 hours of fighting bedtime, I went in to hold him while he cried and asked him why he was so sad.  He didn't say anything, but when I asked him if he was happy, he said no.  I then said, "Aren't you happy for baby sister to come?" and he said no.  I, of course, started crying, too, and it was an emotional night!  I know he is excited and probably didn't realize what he said, but I also believe he's starting to worry about everything and just doesn't know what to expect.  So, I've been trying the last few days to spend even more time with just him and make sure he knows how much I love him.  I hope the transition goes smoothly!
    


2 comments:

Annisa said...

Jen, I remember being very emotional and feeling tons of guilt when I had my second baby. The first one can really play on those emotions, too. The good news is that it doesn't last long and Gavin will never remember being an only child. He'll be a great big brother! Hang in there!

Hannah Carter said...

This made me almost start crying too! I know Gav will be great once she gets here. It's scary right now, and it may be a little rough for the first few weeks, but it won't take him long. He's such a smart boy, and he KNOWS how much he's loved. :)