Mar 25, 2011

Sweet Story to Share

I just wanted to share this sweet story.  Today in the car, Gavin asked me to sing him a song.  I asked what song he wanted to hear and he requested Twinkle Twinkle (a current favorite.)  So, I sang it, and he asked for a different song.  So, I sang Baa Baa Black Sheep.  After it was finished I told him that my grandpa used to sing that to me when I was a little girl.  The rest of the conversation went like this:
Gavin: "Your grandpa?"
Me:  "Yep, your great grandpa Buck!"
Gavin: "Great Grandpa Buck?"
Me: "That's right.  He used to sing it to me when Mommy was little like you.  Now he lives in heaven though."
Gavin: "Can we go visit your grandpa in heaven in May?"  
:)


{Gavin is currently obsessed with 'in May.'  He knows we're going to Florida in May, so now he wants to do everything else 'in May' too.}  

2 comments:

Katrin said...

This is so sweet. I love to hear stories like this. Kids are too funny. I would love to know what goes on in their mind sometimes. I am sorry we missed each other this morning. Would love to hang out again soon.

Megan said...

Adorable.