Mar 28, 2011

Nursery progress

So, as I said earlier, since moving the furniture into the nursery, I've been really motivated to work in there.  We spent a lot of time getting things done this weekend and started putting clothes into the drawers etc.  Here are some pictures of how it looks right now, with lots more still to do.





The bins obviously don't belong.  :)  I'm still working on sorting out clothes.  We went with the Pooh bedding when I was pregnant with Gavin so it would be 'gender neutral' but now that we've used it for a boy (as with everything else baby related we have) I'm finding myself wishing we had more girly things.  But, I know it will work and we're making do.  I'm on a mission to girl-ify the nursery more.  Our first step was to swap out the hardware on the dressers.  Who knew it would be so hard!  I can't find anything that I like that will look right without spending a ton of money.  Some of the ones I've found are like $9 each....and we need 13!  So, that's still a work in progress.   I'll update pictures as we go along.  

On a photography note:  I took this pics without a flash and am realizing they are looking kinda blurry.  I think I might finally splurge and order a new lens.  I'm not sure though.  Anyone reading this have a 50mm 1.8 lens?  That's what I'm looking at right now, but  I'd love to hear from someone that has used it.  


3 comments:

Annisa said...

Love the progress, Jen! I bet it feels real now, huh?
I do have a 50mm 1.8 fixed lens. I LOVE it and use it almost all the time. It is wonderful for getting crisp, shallow depth of field photos. I highly recommend it!

theclambroll said...

Great nursery progress!

I have a 50mm 1.8, easily my fave lens. It's awesome in low light, you'll get super clear photos. Just keep in mind that it's fixed, so for full-room shots like you have in this post, it might be kind of difficult to fit everything in. But it's really excellent for portraits and areas where you can move around more to frame your shot.

Jen said...

Awesome advice, guys! Thanks so much. I think I'm going to buy it...hoping to do so with my first leadership check, Annisa! :)