Feb 26, 2011

Recipe - Sloppy Joes

I remember a time when Jarrod and I were first living together when we ate sloppy joes a lot!  Always the kind out of a can...Manwich!  :)  Well, I decided to try a Tastefully Simple recipe and make our own Sloppy Joes.  I honestly can't remember the last time we had these.  This was Gavin's first experience with Sloppy Joes, so it's been a while!


Brown a pound of ground beef with 2 tbsp Onion Onion.  Drain as needed.  Then stir in 1 tsp mustard (I used spicy mustard since I love it so much during this pregnancy), 3/4 cup ketchup, 1 tbsp brown sugar, and Seasoned Salt to taste.  Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes and you're done.  They were so delicious on toasted buns!


2 comments:

Kara said...

We love sloppy joes in our house too! Eva thinks the name is hysterical. Your recipe sounds yummy- I'll have to try adding mustard to ours the next time I make them.

Tori said...

Very similar to the recipe I make except I usually slice an onion. Will try some onion onion next time. A few suggestions: Zoe loves to eat hers by scooping it with Fritos. I like mine with some butter on the bun and a little bit of cheese :-)