Feb 21, 2011

17 Weeks!


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 17 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Hamm is the size of an onion -
according to my book, the baby is putting on the fat now! :)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +10lbs - same as last week.
Maternity Clothes: 90% of the time I'm in maternity clothes.  I still have a few regular shirts that fit ok. 
Gender: Unknown....my gut says it's another boy right now though.  Jarrod still says girl.  
Gavin has been saying girl a lot more, but switched back to boy last night.
Movement: I'm starting to randomly feel little butterflies in my stomach but haven't felt much this week.  I'm really looking forward to that!
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty good - Jarrod isn't a fan of all the extra pillows in the bed, though.  
What I miss:  Not much - trying to enjoy this one since it will probably be our last.
Cravings: Spicy foods, bbq potato chips, french fries.
Symptoms:  The hip/sciatic pain is really bothering me.  It's something I've dealt with since having Gavin, so I blame him.  :)  I'm fine in the morning, but limping by evening.
Best Moment this week: Having friends over for dinner on Saturday.  Amy is 5 weeks ahead of me, so we had a good time swapping stories and sharing food cravings.  :)


Some other updates from this weekend - we had a really great time this weekend, even though we didn't do much.  Amy and Chris came over on Saturday to grill out and Gavin and Lucas had a blast playing in the backyard.  That is definitely my favorite part of our house here - Gavin loves playing outside!  It's so nice that he has a fenced in yard to play in.  Sunday, I enjoyed 3 hours of shopping - ALONE!  It's so nice to have a few hours to myself.  Then we went out again together and drove by the preschool we looked at again and Gavin was so excited to see "his preschool."  I think we're going to drop off our check to register him this week.  I also got a call that my memory card is ready and they were able to recover some pictures!  I won't know which ones or how many until I pick it up, which I'll either do later tonight or on Wednesday.  I'm excited to see what they found.  :)  


2 comments:

Hannah Carter said...

This pregnancy is going so quickly, Jenn! At least it seems that way to me!

Jen said...

Way too fast! I'd love for it to slow down some.