Jan 25, 2011

Recipes - Pork Chops with Soy-Orange Sauce

This week, we're actually trying two new things.  I had planned to try French Onion soup in the crockpot, which we will today.  Last night, we had pork chops on the menu and were planning to just do them the same old way - with Tastefully Simple's delicious Bayou Bourbon sauce, of course!  But last week I read somewhere about using orange juice when cooking them, and it got me intrigued.  So, I did some research yesterday, and found this recipe here:  Pork Chops with Soy-Orange Sauce  I ended up not having soy sauce like I thought, so I used teriyaki sauce, and instead of the safflower oil, I just used olive oil, and they were delicious!  Jarrod was literally eating the leftover sauce with a spoon!  He mentioned that it would make a great sauce for chicken wings, too.  Definitely one more new recipe to add to our list of favorites! 


The homemade French Onion soup will be going in the crockpot in just a little while, so I'll be sure to update it a little later this week to let you know how it was.  :)


If you try any of these new recipes I'm posting about, I'd love to know what you thought of them!




1 comment:

Danielle said...

I have made the french toast cass...it was good, but it was more like a dessert to me.
I also made the chicken and dumplings which was really good!

Thanks for posting the recipes...keep them coming!