- Even though we have the occasional accident, he's potty trained! After I blogged last about his pooping issues, he's been pooping on the potty ever since.
- Gavin has started singing his alphabet! He recognizes all his capital letters and is working on the lowercase. He can count to 10, but only does it sporadically. Sometimes I'll catch him counting things and he'll say, '11, 12, 13, 14...' so he knows the numbers, he just doesn't put them in order all the time.
- Speaking of singing - he loves to sing...the popular songs right now are Monkeys Swinging in a Tree, Wheels on the Bus, Old MacDonald, and Twinkle Twinkle.
- He knows a lot of shapes, including the ever popular hexagon and octagon. He's silly.
- He's getting really good at throwing and catching a ball. He's had quite the arm on him for a while now, but is just starting to catch the ball, too. He also loves to 'head' the ball - future soccer player, I'm sure!
- He listens really well and is a great helper - he puts his dirty clothes in the hamper every night, and loves to put his underwear away when I'm folding laundry. Cooking is a favorite thing to do with Mommy.
- The last couple of weeks he's been acting funny at bedtime, asking us to sleep with him and even to leave the light on once. Sometimes he cries, other times he's fine when we leave the room. He wanted Shirley to sleep with him earlier this week, and even though Mommy didn't like it, she did get up on his bed and lay there with him for a couple hours. If only we could get him to sleep in! His 6-6:30 wake up time is getting earlier. 5:30 is now the 'norm' with even a 4:50 earlier this week!
We love you, Bug! You make life so much more exciting. Hugs and Kisses!