May 13, 2010

A tour of the house!

I have been promising pictures for a while, so here they are! I realize that many of you will probably never get to Arkansas for a visit, so this is where we're living for now. Enjoy! (And know that you're always welcome to visit!)


As I started this, I realized I don't have a good picture of the front of the house. This one will have to do! :)Here is the backyard. Since I took this picture, we also got Gavin's climber that he received for his birthday. It's on the other side of the yard. I tried to post the pictures as you'd see the rooms when you come into the house. As soon as you walk in, there is a room to your right with french doors that we're using as Gavin's playroom. You can see I had fun decorating it with some posters like it was my classroom. :) The table is for me to use to scrapbook or work on Journal Jars while Gavin plays.




If you hadn't turned right into the playroom, you would have entered the living room. We love the high ceilings and that it has a fireplace. Can't wait to use that this winter! :) We love how the mantle is coming together, too.


Off the living room to the left is our master bedroom and bathroom. We're not big fans of the patio door blinds, but it isn't our home to change them, so we're dealing. We really love the bathroom, with the exception of the shower stall. It's way too small and reminds me of showering in the dorms at college.

Off the living room is the eat-in kitchen. We'd love to have a bigger space for our dining room table, but this serves the purpose. I love that it overlooks the backyard because I can see Gavin playing if I come in to make lunch or get dinner started. And, we love all the cabinets!!!

The first bedroom on the right wing of the house is what we're using for our guest room/office right now. We'd love to get a more comfortable bed and an actual desk in here soon, but they just aren't in the budget for now.
And the last part of the house is Gavin's room and bathroom. We're not huge fans of the dark walls, but it works. He's doing great with his big boy bed and loves to read his books in there.


We hope you liked the house! It's much better in person, so let us know if you want to see it for yourself! :)

3 comments:

Danielle said...

WOW!!! Looks so nice...I bet you guys had fun decorating! I'm so jealous of all the room you have.

As I look at the pictures, I think that if we were there hanging out with you guys..we could be sitting on your patio drinking our Tim Hortons watching the boys play.

Miss you!

Sara said...

Pat would say those posters need to be on Gavin's eye level. :) J/K! The place is amazing! I can't wait to see it.

mommy curlz-n-cars said...

Jen, It is beautiful!! Your kitchen is awesome! I am so jealous of your backyard. We are trying to put a fence in the budgett so that Jax can roam freely around the yard without Mommy tagging two steps behind him all of the time. That will be harder now that I have gone back to school, but we will have to find it somewhere. Enjoy, it is a lovely home!!!