Donovan, Gavin, Carson, Braden, Lexi, and Zoe
Jan 31, 2009
Jan 29, 2009
I wish I had to try hard to gain weight!
Jan 27, 2009
Discovering Shirley water bowl for the first time! Mommy was doing dishes, and Gavin was sitting on the kitchen floor playing. But, when she turned back around, he was gone. I found him with his arm soaking wet. Now, it's one of his favorite places to try to crawl to.
Jan 25, 2009
Jan 16, 2009
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
~Gave birth, saw the horrors of cancer up close, went to New York
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
~I don't even remember if I made resolutions last year, so who knows if I kept them. I did make resolutions this year. I want to lose the rest of my baby weight (though I haven't done much so far to work on that) and I want to get the most out of family time (now that Jarrod's not here, I cherish those times even more)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
~Many friends - Jen had Andrew, Kelly had Ethan, Megan had Lexi, Martha had Alexis, Jill had Braden, Lauren had Giovanni, Lindsay had Carson (Wow...that's a lot!)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
~my sweet grandma
5. What countries did you visit?
~Our quick (and horrible) trip to Niagara Falls, Canada
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
~strength to get through our move to New York, money to help pay off debt
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
~April 29: our life changed forever when two became three; December 23: Gigi left us to go see Grandpa in heaven
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
~Being a single mom for November and December
9. What was your biggest failure?
~Being more supportive when Jarrod was first offered the New York position
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
~Nothing major that I can recall
11. What was the best thing you bought?
~A car that has windows, locks, and a stereo that actually work! (Even if it does mean another car payment...) For Gavin, definitely a Boppy...where would we have been for the first month or so without a Boppy to sleep on.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
~Probably Megan, for always keeping me thinking clearly, and Lindsay, for showing me how I want to live my life.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
~Can't think of anyone who appalled me that I know personally (which I guess is a good thing!)
14. Where did most of your money go?
~Same story, every month...credit card debt! I can't wait to get them paid off!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
~Our third trimester and the approaching birth of our son
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
~Probably Sugarland's Stay...it was pretty popular this year, and I LOVED it! Whenever it came on and I started singing, I wondered if Gavin heard me in my belly.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? So much happier
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter ~ still about 8 lbs of baby weight that I need to try harder to get off
c) richer or poorer? Who knows...we've paid off debt, both got raises, but we now have 2 car payments, student loans, etc...
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
~Less stressing about money and the New York move
20. How did you spend Christmas?
~With our families, celebrating Gavin's first Christmas and remembering Gigi
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
~Twice - at 9:45am on April 29, I completely fell for the 6lb 10oz little bundle of joy that Dr. McCullough placed on my chest...and once again with Jarrod, when I saw him as a father.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
~So many...Two and a Half Men, Biggest Loser, American Idol, Jon and Kate, Real Housewives of Orange County...I probably watch too much TV
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
~I don't think I finished a complete book the whole year! I was too caught up with baby stuff...but I started another Jodi Picoult book Megan bought me for Christmas (Perfect Match) and I'm loving it!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
~My new car, a coat with a hood that actually fits!
27. What did you want and not get?
~Jarrod to get the Columbus position
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
~Don't think we got to see any movies this year (that I can remember!) I know we rented some...but seriously, my memory is horrible.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
~I turned 26 in '08. Again, that was 11 months ago, and I can't remember what we did! I know we went to dinner, but I don'tk now what else. (Can I go back and change my resolution to improving my memory???)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
~Winning the lottery so that we can be debt free and I wouldn't have to worry about that anymore
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
~Maternity clothes, work clothes, jeans...nothing too exciting
32. What kept you sane?
~Knowing that I was a mom and had to do things for Gavin now...talking to Megan...being in Jarrod's arms
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
~I could really care less about celebrities really...but I started to enjoy Ellen a lot more, and I really "fancied" Kate Gosselin...just watching how she manages 8 kids inspires me
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
~I know I need to be more involved in politics now, but I still don't really get into it.
35. Who did you miss?
~I miss being closer to Angie, Heidi and Lauren...I love spending time with them. I miss grandma and grandpa. I miss my hsuband so much! I can't wait until we are together again.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
~I knew her before 2008, but having Tori join our first grade staff and getting to work with her everyday has been great. New friends are always a blessing.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
~Life is too short to worry so much. Things happend for a reason, and I'm strong enough to get through the rough patches.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
~Wow...that's hard. I'll have to think about that one for a while...
Jan 15, 2009
Jan 14, 2009
Jan 13, 2009
In other news - Gavin's been sick the past few days. Started out running a fever, then cold symptoms... I'm going to take him to the doctor tomorrow since he's now coughing so hard it makes him throw up. He has also finally cut his first tooth...though it's not the typical bottom front tooth. He's getting his upper side tooth first! My little Dracula :)
Jan 8, 2009
Jan 6, 2009
Jan 4, 2009
Unfortunately, over our busy holiday break, we lost a fabulous woman. Gigi (my grandma) passed away after a 14 month battle with cancer on December 23. I already miss her greatly.
There's so much to catch up on, and so many pictures I want to share, but I'll have to do it later this week. I'm exhausted and I have to get up early for work tomorrow.