Oct 26, 2009

Vacation, Part 1

Jarrod's last vacation of the year was this past week, and we filled those 9 days as full as we could! He worked until 1 on Friday, then we caught a 5:00 flight home to Cincinnati. It was so nice to spend time at my parents' house and with Jarrod's family. We were there until Tuesday, and my only regret is that we didn't have a car to make a trip up to Dayton to see our friends. I would have loved to have visited Shaw and saw all the kids. But, with all the illnesses going around, maybe it is best that we didn't! Here are a lot of pictures from the Cincy visit in no particular order.


Nothing better than grandma love early in the morning...again, Gavin has red eyes. Devil child! Hanging with my Uncle Tyler before he leaves for school

My Aunt Briana is hilarious!

Helping Grandma with the laundry

Grandpa reading me a book


I'll read this one on my own!

Ok, I guess Uncle Ty and Aunt Bri can help me.


Here, Maddie...take your bone!


My sisters are so beautiful!


Gavin playing with Aunt Rosi and Aunt Sandy

He loved playing under the table


My grandmas are crazy! They were trying to get me to jump off the dining room table!

Maddie is my new best friend. Shirley never lets me do this!


While we were in Cincinnati, we of course had to eat Skyline (more than once) and Larosa's. We even made it to Pomodori's for lunch on Monday and had Chick-Fil-A in the airport before we left. Pretty sad when you visit home and spend most of the time at restaurants! We had fun with Travis and Ashley, hanging out at their place. Uncle Travis taught Gavin a new trick...
Well, he says he didn't teach him that...but he spent 5 minutes alone with Gavin and this is what he does 2 minutes later...you do the math! :) Just kidding, Trav.
We had a big family dinner while we were home since we're not going to make it home for Thanksgiving. I was so thankful that we could do that. I think that was my favorite part of the trip. All of us together, eating and watching football... Fun times!
More vacation pictures and stories coming tomorrow!

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL! I was mad I had to fly back on a Sunday and Chick-fil-a was closed! I had to settle for Gold Star instead! I'm glad you had a fun trip!!