Jul 30, 2009

Vacation: State Parks

We took soooo many pictures on vacation while my parents were here, so I'm splitting them up so you don't get too bored. :) Today's pictures are from the state parks we visited.


This was a giant chair near the entrance of Letchworth State Park. This place was beautiful. We saw Upper, Middle, and Lower Falls and were able to see a baby deer. We're looking forward to going back in the fall and seeing all the gorgeous colors.
A "waterfall" at Letchworth
I think these were the Middle Falls


With Grandpa and Grandma
Upper Falls and the railroad bridge

Love the family smiles :)

Mommy and Gav...Upper Falls in the background
Watkins Glen State Park - Mommy and Gavin stayed in the car during this hike. We learned at the second state park (Treman State Park in Ithaca) that Gavin isn't a hiker. (Which is why there aren't any pictures from that park. We weren't there very long!) So, when he'd just falled asleep about 5 minutes before getting to Watkins Glen, I opted to stay in the car while Jarrod hiked with my family. I have to say...I really enjoyed the hour of quiet time to read my book! :)



Taughannock Falls State Park - we didn't actually go to the state park, but instead went to the falls overlook. This is the highest waterfall east of the Rockies...215 feet tall!

1 comment:

*Megan said...

I love the pic of him on the HUGE chair! Makes his head almost look small... hehehe! LOVE YOU GUYS!